Friday, February 24, 2012

30 days of Art


Another week has passed but nothing too exciting has happened. Went to Lanchkhuti on the 16th to get new insurance cards. While Kenneth and I were there we bought ingredients to make spaghetti and meatballs and raisin bread. School during the week and Kenneth had school on Saturday to make up the snow days. Evidently they don’t factor snow days into the calendar here. My school will make them up on the 25th and 3rd. I will only have to go to one of those. But it will make a new record for weekends spent in the village. Three weekends in a row, without so much as a trip to Ozurgeti or Lanchkhuti. It’s unheard of. After Kenneth finished with school on Saturday I went to his house and we made pasta sauce(aka red gravy by some) and meatballs. We cooked the meatballs in the sauce and quickly cooked some spaghetti. It was a fair attempt and it satisfied a craving but I’ve made better before. I don’t know if Kenneth’s family liked it or not. Maybe they were just eating it to be nice to us.  The next day Kenneth came over to my house and we made raisin bread. I burned it a little on the top but I blame that on me not knowing much about cooking in a wood-burning stove. It was still tasty.

School this week has been less than exciting. Grades 3-6 will have a test next week. I’m in charge of writing the 3rd and 4th grade tests. I have a funeral to go to tomorrow, the 25th. Aniko’s (my host mom) aunt died. It seems like people are dying around here all the time. I don’t particularly care for going to funerals of people I don’t know but I also don’t want to be home alone all day tomorrow. There is also school tomorrow but no lessons for me because they will be on Thursday’s schedule. I have to go to school next Saturday. I have also requested leave for Easter holidays to go to Rome. I don't see why they would decline but it is possible. I'm excited. Orthodox Easter and Non-Orthodox Easter fall on different days this year. Orthodox Easter is a week later on the 15th so I have to request a few days off from school. It would be an amazing end of Lent and maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity.

In other news I have finished my 30 day drawing challenge. Some days I put a lot of work into the pictures and other days I didn’t. Some of the drawings don’t look like what I wanted but the quality of pencils I was using doesn’t really allow me to change much. I took pictures and you can see them below. I hope you enjoy it. In order the 30-day challenge asked me to draw the following. It was a good creative exercise for me.

  1. Yourself, 2. Favorite Animal, 3. Favorite food, 4. Favorite place, 5. Best friend, 6. Favorite book character, 7. Favorite word, 8. Favorite animated character, 9. Favorite TV show, 10. Favorite candy, 11. Turning point in your life 12. Most recent accomplishment, 13. Comic, 14. Favorite fairytale, 15.family picture, 16. Inspiration, 17.favorite plant, 18. Just a doodle, 19. Something new, 20. Something orange, 21. Something you want, 22. Something you miss, 23. Something you need, 24. A couple, 25. Scenery, 26. Something you don’t like, 27. Something you love(I just realized it said actually someone you love but when I copied it to my notebook I obviously copied it wrong), 28. Anything you’d like 29. Somewhere you want to go 30. Congrats banner

Enjoy! Bonus points if you can tell me what is in the photos. Especially if you can figure out number 14.I had to take the photos in an odd way, sorry for that. But you get to see some of them twice. 

1. Yourself, 2. Favorite Animal, 3. Favorite food, 4. Favorite place

3. Favorite food, 4. Favorite place, 5. Best friend, 6. Favorite book character

7. Favorite word, 8. Favorite animated character, 9. Favorite TV show, 10. Favorite candy
9. Favorite TV show, 10. Favorite candy, 11. Turning point in your life 12. Most recent accomplishment

13. Comic, 14. Favorite fairytale, 15.family picture, 16. Inspiration

15.family picture, 16. Inspiration, 17.favorite plant, 18. Just a doodle


19. Something new, 20. Something orange, 21. Something you want, 22. Something you miss
21. Something you want, 22. Something you miss, 23. Something you need, 24. A couple

25. Scenery, 26. Something you don’t like, 27. Something you love(I just realized it said actually someone you love but when I copied it to my notebook I obviously copied it wrong), 28. Anything you’d like


27. Something you love(I just realized it said actually someone you love but when I copied it to my notebook I obviously copied it wrong), 28. Anything you’d like 29. Somewhere you want to go 30. Congrats banner
And it really would be cool if you gave some of the pictures a guess as to what they are or what they mean. Leave comments!


Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Princess and the pea!!
    Storybook character is tough... Anne of Green Gables is all I can come ip with.
    Love it though! Your people look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the Princess and the Pea right away. I think your drawing of Kenneth & your family are terrific, I recognized everyone!
    Great way to spend your free time & be creative.

    ReplyDelete